- A dedicated team of over 50 in-house engineers refines product ideas and initial prototypes, optimizing design footprint while comprehensively testing for quality and reliability.
- Dynamic manufacturing capabilities enable scalable turnkey production of any electromechanical product, from board-build through full box-build.
- A trusted supply chain ecosystem provides materials at significantly lower BOM costs than most startups could negotiate independently.
- We give our global OEM clients the same respect: complete non-disclosure/non-compete agreements to ensure full protection of their intellectual property.
- Strategic location within the Chennai Special Economic Zone (SEZ) eliminates cumbersome logistics roadblocks, savings we pass directly to clients, large and small.
Electronics Manufacturing: Startups Welcome Here
Our CEO, Sreeram Srinivasan, shares his thoughts on product development partnerships with an underserved market segment: India’s electronics startups. We’ve observed how most hardware startups never seem to have an easy time taking their initial product concepts from the prototype stage to full-scale production. This is especially true in India, where top-quality contract manufacturing partners, receptive to the unique needs of early-stage startups, are just too few and far between. We’ve been a noteworthy exception, actually seeking and encouraging new business from among India’s ambitious startups. We’ve already successfully brought 9 India startups to market and are currently in the early development stages with 5 more. Most of these relationships have begun as independent angel investments from our co-founder and Managing Director, Sandeep Tandon. When additional engineering or manufacturing expertise may be necessary, he’s guided them directly to the resources here. Challenges for Startups An early lesson we learned from our partnerships with startups is a new set of proactive soft skills is required, adapting the structured environment of an established ISO-certified manufacturing company to the creative minds of the typical startup to define the requirements of an emerging new product. This often means experimenting with small quantities of new parts during the prototyping phase, stepping away from our standard policy of sourcing materials only from our network of trusted suppliers. This flexibility has been essential to our success with startups as we work together to bring their products to scalable production. Why Startups Should Select Syrma